- Download Episode #2 here (right click to "Save As")
- View and subscribe to the Things We Read Show on Stitcher here or iTunes here.
Do you have a question you would like answered on a future Things We Read Podcast? E-mail us!
Stephen (Steve) Cannon is a 1986 graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point, NY. After 5 successful years as a Field Artillery Officer, Steve transitioned off of active duty and successfully worked his way up to become CEO of Mercedes Benz USA.
Steve is a lifetime leader and servant to his nation, wearing the uniform or a suit, and has given back his time, expertise and resources to help many charities, including the Johnny Mac Fund, for which he is a board member, and gives back to the Veteran Community.
In this podcast episode, we talk with Steve about how he successfully made his military to civilian transfer, what books he loves and what books he recommends for specific purposes. We discuss what he does to remain effective and relaxed during both business hours and at home. It is truly a unique conversation with a renowned business leader, military Veteran and balanced-life family man.
On behalf of all the TWR readers, thanks for your time and your advice, Steve.
- Steve Cannon's original TWR Booklist
- How to Make Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Dress for Success by John T. Molloy
- American Sniper by Chris Kyle
- Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
- Steve Cannon Twitter @SteveCannonCEO
- Mercedes Benz USA Facebook